Em dezembro 4, 2020 10:04 Emil Velikov escreveu:
On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 at 12:50, Giancarlo Razzolini
<grazzol...@archlinux.org> wrote:

Em dezembro 4, 2020 9:27 Emil Velikov via arch-general escreveu:
> I would love to hear the input from the respective maintainers and the
> overall Arch developer base as a whole.

As the maintainer for both bumblebee and prime-run, I don't see the need for
deprecation, yet.
Bumblebee still has some uses and also, the it has the appeal of keeping the
card completely powered
off, something that doesn't happen with prime render offload.

Thanks for maintaining these Giancarlo.

The power management side of Bumblebee will be untouched - my email
explicitly covers only the file side of things.

I've seen far too many reports of people using primus, on top of GLVND
enabled nvidia/mesa causing all sorts of problems. Since tracking
individual reports does not scale - I've put this proposal.

Note: having a compat primusrun/optirun/pvkrun makes sense - setting
the respective environment variables is annoying.

-Emil

Put your proposal changes and reasoning on flyspray tickets for each package
and I'll take a look.
I'm not sure all the changes are needed. And, it turns out that, due to some
limitations/issues
related to intel gvt-g and nvidia with prime render offload, I'm using
bumblebee currently.

Only issue I had recently was the xorg autodetection issue that they reverted,
other than that, it
works fine here.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini