On 02/15/2018 03:48 PM, Dave Reisner wrote:
> Nope, changing the kind of glob doesn't work here. There's simply no
> glob expansion of any kind inside [[ -f  ]] (or any other stat-like
> check).

I was thinking maybe something like the way makepkg compares filenames
to various extended globs, but actually that doesn't help since [[ = ]]
will only expand the right side...

But if we do globbing at all, I want to reliably enforce actual limits
on what .pkg.tar.?z is meant to convey.

find(1) doesn't support the FNM_EXTGLOB flag from fnmatch(3) and we use
PKGEXT as a pattern a couple times for that. We could replace `find
-name` altogether, using globstar.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User