Derek Snider wrote:
I just came across this list...

It obviously didn't drum up much interest, but the concept while
interesting is completely backwards.

What you have in mind is OS/2 running the Linux kernel...

The way to do that is to port OS/2 to Linux, not to replace OS/2's
kernel with linux.

Ideally you'd want to make Linux support running native OS/2 apps, and
maybe port the Presentation Manager just for fun if you really prefer
Warp's Presentation Manager over X.

The Odin project could combine efforts with the Wine project, and you'll
then have your non-Microsoft OS that not only runs OS/2 apps and Windows
apps, it runs the thousands of Linux/Unix apps and it's also free.
Wine and Odin already exchange code. The Odin efforts are basically Innotek based with a handful of contribs from the outside these days. Not much to gain there.

The idea is 1) to have fun. 2) learn the LINUX kernel. This is a cool way of getting deep into that kernel.
I don't really care about any real life value, other than perhaps a frame work for sharing drivers with linux.

So, this is for guy which wanna learn the kernel, not for guys who wanna run native Linux X application or use Wine.

The reason nothing have happend is very little space on netlabs, and that 2.6 is a better thing to learn than 2.4. Besides, I first had to learn Binutils and GCC since we'll need to build the kernel code using with ELF as the target. That's now comming within a few weeks I hope... :-)

Kind Regards,
 knut