Hi Rakshit,
To quickly answer your questions:
1. If you feel like the "Application Logging" project is too small you are
free to combine it with something else.  Feel free to propose what you
think is achievable.
2. You can provide a self structured proposal.  You can find some basic
guidelines here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/archesproject/6YJWRRy3iQM
3. You can provide code or pseudo-code.  Whatever you think demonstrates
your solution best.
Cheers,
Alexei

Director of Web Development - Farallon Geographics, Inc. - 971.227.3173