Hello all,

I'm writing to announce that Carrie Barton, of PRESERVE/scapes
<http://home.preservescapes.com/> (a Washington DC-based cultural resources
management firm) and I will be presenting at the APTi conference that is
coming up in San Antonio, TX.  We will be giving a presentation during a
cultural landscape session where we talk about our recent installation of
Arches for the Armed Forces Retirement Home - Washington.  If you happen to
be coming to that conference (or if this post inspires you to go last
minute!) please be sure to stop by and say hello.  We'll be presenting on
Nov. 1st at 9:45 am, and you can read more about our presentation and the
others in our session at this

The AFRH-IRIS (Information and Resource Inventory System) deployment of
Arches can be viewed here: www.afrh-iris.com, and my repo for the project,
which includes a detailed list of all the additions/subtractions I ended up
making to the Arches-HIP package, can be seen here:
www.github.com/mradamcox/afrh.  The main things we did were to add a lot of
historic maps as overlays, create a new permissions system, and create a
whole lot of new resource types to allow the AFRH-W system to track all of
their management, planning, and development activities directly within the
Arches database. They are very excited to use it!

"Arches Project" group.