Just to add that I restarted elastic search using the command you gave me
below and it is working again!

I did notice, however, that in the map view, it is taking a long time to
display the pop-up screen screen and comes up with the 'loading data'
message. We did not have this message before. Does anything else need to be
done, like reindexing - whatever that means!