Hi Joel, I see this is still an issue, and we haven't heard anything more
on the open layers repo.

I think your best option would be to use a later release of open layers 3.
You can test this out by looking in base.htm and replacing the references
to local ol.js and ol.css files with references to sources hosted on
cloudflare,
https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ol3/3.1.1/ol.js
https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ol3/3.1.1/ol.css
Then you can probably just increase the version number incrementally to
find one where the bing logo is served through https by default, and
hopefully that won't affect any other functionality. I haven't tested that
out thoroughly yet, but I think that would be a good way to move forward
toward a solution. Remember, you'll need to use a "hard refresh" in your
browser to be sure that the new js and css files are used (you can double
check that in the dev tools also).

Good luck,
Adam