I am working on setting up a new HER installation and would like to model
it, more or less, on the structures used by Lincoln in the demo data. Some
of the reference data, such as building periods and archaeological periods,
need to be supplemented, extended or replaced, so I have worked out how to
construct a thesaurus from a directory of CSV files, using the
add_uuid_to_csvs and thesaurus_from_csvs utilities from Adam's Github repo
*fpan-data* which he mentioned on the forum in September. However, when
trying to judiciously add to that only some of the Lincoln reference data
CSVs (and ignoring those from the DISCO project), I must have missed some
crucial steps: if I try download the mapping for the Assets resource model,
my Assets_concepts.json file says that each concept such as *Style* or
*External
Identifier Type* "does not appear to be configured with a valid concept
collectionid". My problem is that I realise I don't yet fully understand
the inter-relationships between all the parts of the reference data.

What would be the simplest course of action to load our relatively small
initial set of HER data (only 205 sites/buildings), to have it ready for an
important demo in just over two weeks' time? At present, I'm thinking: load
the DISCO_data package; delete all the resources from the database via the
command-line; delete all the DISCO reference data/models via the web
interface; then load our data from CSV, with appropriate fields edited to
use the uuids of the relevant concepts.

Can I safely delete anything relating to the DISCO project without
affecting the HER structures?

It would be nice to use our thesaurus, if it's just a simple matter of
referring to its uuids for items such as building type instead of the
nearest Lincoln equivalent, or is more work needed to make the thesaurus
usable than generating the XML file using Adam's *fpan-data* utilities
mentioned above? At a pinch, we could just use the Lincoln terms for now
and move to using our thesaurus later: it's essential to have something
working by the end of the month which resembles the Lincoln demo but
displays our data instead!

Any suggestions welcome. I can upload some files I'm using, if that would
help, just let me know what would be useful to see.

Thanks in advance,
David