Hi Xavier,

Arches is pretty flexible and allows you to define the scope and content of
the monitoring and risk mapping that you want to implement.  For example,
you could use Arches to track the risk exposure heritage objects have to
environmental risks (e.g.: risk of damage due to fires, earthquake,
flooding) or other events (e.g.: re-alignment of a road, redevelopment of
an area, or altered development policy for an area) using Arches'
integrated GIS.  Alternatively, you could integrate existing GIS
data/services into Arches.  And, if you're concerned about risks that
aren't geospatial (risk of adverse effects due to reduced funding of
maintenance activities), you define your risk model in Arches.  Simple
models (such as "High", "Medium", and "Low") are easy to implement.  You
can implement much more sophisticated risk models using Arches' ability to
associate functions written in Python.

The same is true for monitoring heritage objects.  Arches allows you to
define the information you wish to manage over the course of your
monitoring efforts.  Simple monitoring might include a statement of the
condition of and object at a point in time and include photos documenting
the condition.  More sophisticated monitoring workflows can be implemented
as functions, or even as full-blown Arches applications.

Hope this is helpful,

Dennis