Hi Dale,

What Dennis said above (re: yarn) applies only if you are trying to run the
latest from github.  If you installed with pip (which it sounds like you did),
then you will need to install NodeJS (https://nodejs.org/en/download/) and then
from a command line run the following to install bower:

npm install -g bower

These steps are mentioned in the arches installation documentation
(http://arches4.readthedocs.io/en/stable/requirements-and-dependencies/).

- Rob