I am not clear on the difference between Arches and Arches HIP. Is HIP a
package that extends the functionality of Arches, or is HIP a separate
project?

Looking here https://www.archesproject.org/documentation/, HIP is listed
under the previous guides section as opposed to being listed under the
current documentation, so I wonder if Arches version 4 is supposed to
combine the functionality of Arches and HIP? Or has HIP been retired?

HIP is built on Arches 3 - is this still maintained? The requirements list
Python 2.7.6, stating that there are issues with later versions, but Python
2.7.6 has known security vulnerabilities, which I find concerning. Is it
safe to use HIP? Is it possible install HIP in Arches V4?

Thanks in advance for any advice.