Good news, Bad news I'm afraid:

Good news? the environment flag seems to have done the trick and the
Elasticsearch container doesn't quit after running its checks.

Bad news? There is a failing test:

FAIL: Test bulk deleting of documents in Elasticsearch
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/web_root/arches/tests/search/search_tests.py", line 66, in
test_bulk_delete
self.assertEqual(se.count(index='test'), 10)
AssertionError: 11 != 10

https://cloud.docker.com/repository/registry-1.docker.io/benosteen/arches/builds/88c8a09d-9fa6-44f5-a86a-fc960ba2f327