Hi Tom, one other thought, sometimes I like to just create a brand new
virtual environment and install the new version in there, leaving the
existing on as is. Then you can switch which environment is used by your
app in your apache config (if that's how you're serving it), etc, and you
can switch back if something goes wrong with the pip installation process
(which, frankly, is unlikely).

As for other actions to take, it's possible you will need to run migrations
in your project. I'd recommend looking back through release notes for the
incremental versions between 4.1.1 and 4.4.1, which can be found on this
forum.

Adam