Hi Adam

When the background colour is changed, all we see is that colour: no map.

Dennis replied to me off-list to suggest that we're not seeing the maps
because the coordinate system for the GeoTIFFs is not Web Mercator
(EPSG:3857) which Arches uses and that we should re-project them. That
seems the most likely cause, so I'm working on that now. Dennis gave a link
to an entry on Farallon's blog, the existence of which I wasn't aware, so
I'll add it here in case it's useful to others:

http://fargeo.com/blog/integrate-historic-maps-and-aerial-imagery-arches-v4/

That solution uses QGIS but in a command-line environment, I'm
experimenting with using gdalwarp, which I assume is what QGIS will use
behind the scenes.

Thanks for the recommendation for Geoserver: are you saying that's the only
way to use tiled maps in conjunction with Arches?

Cheers
David

Hi David, when you change the background color, are you saying that the map
*does