Hello all,

To migrate a project to arches 5, I need to reintegrate some custom search
filters I had made in 4.4. The way search filters are implemented has been
refactored in 5, so I could use a little guidance. The good thing is that I
believe the way I have my custom filters set up will integrate well into
the new pattern.

>From what I can tell, Arches 5 has individual search components that are
registered in the database and whose logic is stored in arches/arches/app/
search/*components*/. These components are typically linked to a knockout
component which controls the UI (for the filters in my case, there will be
no UI so hopefully that can be left blank). When a search is performed,
these components are iterated and if one of them matches a filter that is
included in the search request, then that filter is applied.

Assuming all of that is correct, it seems like I would need to 1) create a
new component (my_filter.py) and then register it. 2) inject a term into
the request body behind the scenes (as I want the filter to apply to every
search) which would activate the my_filter component.

Any help with 1 or, especially, 2 would be appreciated. Of course, I would
prefer to place this customization my own project and avoid changing
anything in core Arches at all.

Thanks,
Adam