Hi Dennis,

thank you for your reply. You were right. There was an error regarding my
overlay created in Mapbox (some kind of dublicates). I created again the
overlay using geoserver and following your instructions in a previous post (
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/archesproject/vaBMwbYp6IY) and
worked just fine!

Another thing I would like to ask is whether cards of a resource can point
out to an overlay as datatype. Actually, I have created a resource
regarding historical maps and I would like to point out at the referring
georeferenced tiff/overlay.

Thank you once more,

Eleni