Hi Leonidas, I've been meaning to respond to this thread for a few days,
always thinking I'd have a little more time to prepare... At any rate, no,
the RDM in v4/5 has never imported CSV files (it more or less did in v3).
However, a long time ago I made a conversion utility for a project I was
on. You can find it here, somewhat buried within a v4/5 Arches package:
https://github.com/legiongis/fpan-data/tree/master/utils. The top half of
the README is relevant to you, and the scripts and sample data are inside
of the "reference_data" directory. Feel free to copy those files out to
your own repo if you want. Also note that I am in the process of making
some changes related to the business_data side of the utils directory, so
some updates may change the way that README looks in the future.

If you can get the scripts working, they take a set of CSV files and
convert them into a single thesaurus, and a set of collections that mimic
the structure each CSV. So, if you have a CSV called Styles, a new Top
Concept called "Styles" will be created and then the contents of the CSV
will be added as individual member concepts within that top concept. Then a
new Collection is made by the same name and the concepts are added to it as
well. Note that this is a naive structure, and doesn't support nested
concepts, which I know many thesauri rely on (mine for that project didn't
so I was ok with that limitation).

Hope that is somewhat helpful,
Adam