David,

Sorry, I somehow missed that you're on v4.4.2.

There's no equivalent way to disable the time search in v4 (e.g: no
search_components table, as you've discovered).  An ugly hack would be to
simply set the style on the time filter button to display: none;  This
will, of course, simply hide the button in the browser.

-Dennis