Terrific! Thanks, Adam. I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Best,
Lily

On Apr 28, 2020, at 11:46 AM, Adam Lodge <alo...@fargeo.com> wrote:

Lily,

The basics are this:

***
delete from ontologies cascade
where [some condition is met]
***

A few points of note:
- This will delete all ontologies meeting the where condition and any child
records in other tables containing those ontologyid’s as foreign keys.

- On the where condition, you will likely filter on ontologyid or name.

- Before running the sql, delete any models or branches that reference the
ontology you want to delete.  If you don’t do that, this statement may delete
them, but I can’t predict the consequences.

- Probably obvious, but be sure to have a backout plan (like a db backup) in
case of unintended consequences.

Good luck!
Adam

---
Adam Lodge
Geospatial Systems Consultant
Farallon Geographics

On Apr 28, 2020, at 10:47 AM, Adam Lodge