We are currently running Arches 4.4.2 and have a large quantity of legacy
data to upload that has not been in a previous version of Arches. We cannot
as yet find a way to add a list of alternative addresses to a resource,
while the remainder of the data we've tried loads just fine. The majority
of the resources we need to load have one or more alternative addresses, so
it is critical that we can work around the issue. This cannot realistically
be tackled manually.

No matter how we have structured our CSV file, we get only one address on
the first pass. On a second pass with a CSV of only the missing addresses
and the new resource UUID, we can get a second address, but the record is
no longer structured correctly (please see the images below). I tried a
third pass today after deleting from the CSV the one alternative address
already entered, but the result was a replacement of the one alternative
address, though I was using append in the upload command.

Here is an example of what we expect to see for a resource with multiple
addresses, followed by an image of what we're getting, with two address
sections and one address each:

[image: Alt-Good.jpg]

[image: Alt-Bad.jpg]

This is much further than we are getting with JSON. It claims no errors,
but loads nothing, logs nothing, and gives a console warning that "string
indices must be integer, not str",  which doesn't seem relevant to
anything. Given that there are no UUIDs for the resourceinstanceid or
tileid (and, therefore, parenttileid), I have tried using both quoted and
unquoted integers for the resourceinstanceid. No UUID is generated,
apparently, by the upload procedure. I have tried

   - leaving all the tileids null
   - using a quoted and then an unquoted integer for the Place item and
   carrying it to the parenttileid field in the addresses
   - numbering all tileids with quoted or unquoted integers

Nothing. I haven't yet tried a first pass with CSV and a second pass with
JSON, but I will.

Has anyone dealt with this issue and found a workaround? Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Martha