I Know that this is just a snapshot of code that is still being written and is
not fully debugged.

So these are just notes to help you in that process.

Bugs found in this early code:

On my computer (mac) and chrome   Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
the following happens

on installation - it did not ask me to install the dictionary.   I have
Click2speech installed but not the dictionary.

when I click on the G - down comes a text size control.   When I hit +
- the first time it jammed   and then somehow when into a spin where it kept
showing different Chrome windows (web pages) I had open in rapid succession
- when I tried to replicate I could not replicate the rapid window changing but
it did jam every time — freezing Chrome unless I moved to another program and
back
- I restarted chrome and got same consistent freezing
- RESTARTING THE COMPUTER - solved the problems

Other things noted once it was running
the back and forth arrows do not work yet
Each time you open it it is back at the first item so you have to keep scanning
to whichever item you want to tweak it
 I think it would be useful to have a series of icons at the bottom or top that
would jump you to whichever control you want. That way each time you opened it
it would only be two clicks to get whatever thing you wanted turned on or off.
One click to jump to it in one click to operate it. (Four clicks overall
counting the opening and closing)
 also it might make sense to have it open up again at the same control that the
individual last used since that is most likely the control they will want to
use next
 I noticed that  “text-to-speech” at this time just enables “click to speech”.
So we need to turn on the speech in “click to speech” and leave it on in order
for the on-off switch to work in UIO+. I understand that that is how it has to
work for now. I am simply noting it here for anyone else who tries it and
thinks it’s broken when it doesn’t seem to work. They just need to find the
“click to speech” extension and turn speech on and leave it on.
  can you remind me what you have down as the final (or initial) decision as to
what would activate the text-to-speech? My memory is that we decided it should
be a right click rather than a left click as in “click to speech”, or did we
decide that conflicted with something. Or do we decide that it should be
user-specified? That was a more informal session so we don’t have a document
like we usually do now for things like that. Thanks
 You might reverse the order of the highlight control and the contrast control.
I think a lot of people will see the highlight control and think it’s the
contrast control. So I would put the contrast control first and the  highlight
control later on.   the contrast control is also more demonstrable.

 Thanks Justin. Nice to see it coming along.