I'm very happy to report that Kaspar's branch pull https://github.com/GPII/universal/pull/561 for GPII-2655 is now gloriously merged, marking the near-endpoint of a long process of normalising our architecture. Most crucially this provides core architectural support for Astea's excellent PSP (Personal Settings Panel) UI work updating the system settings in a live system, which will enter its first round of usability testing next week. This excellent and careful work by Kaspar in particular marks the destruction of our vestigial "UserUpdate" endpoint left as a remnant from long-ago work on Cloud4All's then "PCP", which you may see deleted in this pull together with its mournful comment "This endpoint does nothing useful in particular and has absolutely no useful tests". This marks the near-endpoint of this 4-year arc of development as the GPII transitions from an academic research project to a product which may be ready to place in front of real users.

The final stage of architectural normalisation is in progress with Cindy's pull request 563 at https://github.com/GPII/universal/pull/563 enabling writing of updated settings back to the user's preference safe in the cloud, which is now entering review.

Congratulations all round to the team on their laser-like (in the cliche of the current UK government) focus and continued hard work!

Cheers,

Antranig