I don't think it is necessary to support all the endpoint supported from
ESB. Following endpoint type would be sufficient in API-M context.

- Address EP
- HTTP EP - We dynamically formulate the EP address based on URI Templates.

These EPs should be able to cater most of the requirements. Do we have to
support LB/FO at API-GW level?

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Joseph Fonseka <jos...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Sanjiva
>
>  Jo does this also address secured endpoints? E.g. basic auth secured or
>> WSSec-UT or other (as long as its supported by the ESB)?
>>

> The plan is to add most of the Endpoint configuration to the Publisher UI
> without over complicating it. So I guess we can handle WSSec-UT as well and
> basic auth is already supported by APIM.
>

>>  From the above list do we need to ? and how to include the following ?

>> What does this mean?
>>

> From what I read Default Endpoint is used to add QoS and other
> configurations to an endpoint which is resolved from the to address of
> message context.
>

>>>  2. HTTP Endpoint - This require to populate the uri template during
>>>>

>> So this is a way to create an endpoint based on some info in the incoming
>> request?
>>

> Yes HTTP Endpoint has the ability to generate the BE Service Endpoint URI
> based on the message so you have to configure how to do it in the mediator.
> So this require to have UI in the publisher to configure the mediators.
> IMHO better to look at some use-cases before incorporating this.
>

>>   Some of the above need additional configuration. As I understood
>>>>

>> I think we need to provide a UI to define these endpoints. Is there
>> something other than that in your mind? By "templates" you didn't mean ESB
>> templates right?
>>

> Well in ESB you can create endpoint templates which can be one of the
> other endpoint types. When you want to create an endpoint using those
> templates you can use "Template Endpoint Type" in endpoint creation and
> select the relevant template. So do we need AM to support keeping
> predefined endpoint templates?
>
> Regards
> Jo
>
> --