Hi Ushani,

See the comments inline,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Ushani Balasooriya <ush...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Ramith,
>
> Just need small clarifications for the questions below.
>
> 1) Is it the same when it comes to governance/life cycle management? As in
> if we promote an app version from Development to Testing, does it mean that
> app version will not be deployed in the proceeding environment? E.g.,
> Testing

Lify cycle change is same as before. application get promoted to next
stage. But application does not get auto deployed in Testing until
QA(authorized person in QA stage) login and click on 'configure and deploy'
button.
Currently there is not configuring option allowed to QA person, resources
are copied from Development stage. QA person can edit the values of
resources as it was before. However, based on user experience, we might
give a wizard like user interface to configure all the dependecies used by
this application.(This is not M10 feature)

> 2) If so, user will have to build and deploy the app version in the new
> stage before they test?

No. In test stage, no build is triggered.

> 3) therefore the Repo and Build page should be available for Test users
> and Dev Ops as well?

No.

> 4) So when a test user promote an the app version to Production, it does
> not mean that it will be deployed in Production untill Dev Ops really do it
> and it will be just a stage change, Am I correct?

Yes.

> Regards,
>

> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Harsha Thirimanna <hars...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> As I remember there was another one point in the discussion,
>> When we promoting the artifact , we can do the deployment, resource and
>> database creation at the same time if the logged user has permission to the
>> both stages. I am not sure we are doing it right now.

> *Ushani Balasooriya*
> Software Engineer - QA;
> WSO2 Inc; http://www.wso2.com/.
> Mobile; +94772636796