Hi Janaka,

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM, Janaka Ranabahu <jan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Manjula,
>

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Manjula Rathnayake <manju...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Another option is to retry to create the application even after failed.
>> There we create the application again and again until it get created. If it
>> fails, users should be able to role back. In this process, for example, if
>> application rxt adding process succeeds but creating git repo fails, we
>> should be able to create git repo and continue without trying to add the
>> rxt.
>>
> If I understood you correctly, then what we need to do is to retry the
> failed process/action a number of times. But that can not guarantee whether
> the app creation would complete successfully. Say that the git repo
> creation(or any other task) failed due to a network error or some other
> serious issue. Then retrying will not solve the issue. IMO, what we need in
> the first place is the rollback functionality and as an improvement we can
> do the retry logic.

Yes, correct. But if retrying fails means, something is wrong in the setup.
We need to fix that before creating apps again. However, yes, roll back
helps to get the appId back, so you can create the application with same
appId even after it failed. However retrying will help in case of
intermittent issues.

thank you.

> WDYT?
>
> Thanks,
> Janaka
>

>> thank you.
>>

>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Ashansa Perera <asha...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> To make the application creation process resilient we discussed to
>>> implement a rollback mechanism so that if any resource/infrastructure
>>> creation failed while creating the application we can rollback the app
>>> creation. With this we would be able to reuse the same application key and
>>> utilize the resources.
>>> Another suggestion was to ping the external servers before starting
>>> application creation process, but since pinging servers cannot guarantee
>>> anything
>>> as server can fail in between, we will be going ahead with the rollback
>>> application creation.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks & Regards,
>>>
>>> Ashansa Perera