Hi,

I am currently working on [1], to facilitate deleting an asset through the
UI in Publisher. We plan to provide this based on the lifecycle state of
the asset. Therefore a set of states/a single state has to be defined as
'delete' state(s).

As per a discussion with SameeraM, there are two ways in which we can
present this to the user.

1. When a user clicks on the delete state,

   - A message prompt will appear to confirm the deletion
   - If user confirms, the asset will be permanently deleted and the state
   transition will occur showing the current state as the given 'delete'
   state.
   - Else, the state will remain as it is.
   - In this approach its meaningful to define only a single delete state,
   as entering the state means deletion of the asset.

2. When a user clicks on one of the delete states,

   - A 'delete asset' button will appear on a side of the current view
   - The user can choose to delete the asset or not.
   - In this approach we can have a set of states defined as delete states,
   in which the user *may *delete an asset if needed.

What is the best way to provide this functionality?

[1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/STORE-120?filter=11919

Thank you,
Sameera

--

*Thanks & Regards,Sameera Jayaratna Software Engineer; **WSO2 Inc. *

*lean . enterprise . middleware |  http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com> *