Hi Madhawa,

We can keep these variables(string $dsn , string $user , string $password)
in registry and use registry rest API to get values at runtime. So when you
promote the application to Test and Production environments, application
will pick the environment specific values. This will not break PHP
developer experience as well.

thank you.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Madhawa Bandara <madh...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Any thoughts please?
>

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Madhawa Bandara <madh...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Appfactory supports data sources to be defined and be used in the Java
>> applications.
>>
>> In the process of enabling the PHP app type support in Appfactory, we
>> need to allow users(i.e.developers) to create data sources in Appfactory
>> and use them directly inside their PHP applications.
>>
>> PHP applications use the odbc_connect ( string $dsn , string $user ,
>> string $password [, int $cursor_type ] ) to connect to a database.
>>
>> There are third party libraries that enable Java inside PHP scripts [1].
>> An example for JNDI look-up in inside PHP is in [2].
>>
>> In order to allow data sources to be called directly from the PHP apps
>> what are the preferable options available?
>>
>> You ideas are welcome.
>>

>> [1] -  http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/pjb/
>> [2] -
>> http://php-java-bridge.sourceforge.net/pjb/examples/source.php?source=documentClient.php
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> *Madhawa Bandara*
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc.
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>
>> Mobile - *+94777487726 <%2B94777487726>*
>> Blog* - *classdeffound.blogspot.com
>>

> --
> Regards,
>
> *Madhawa Bandara*
> Software Engineer
> WSO2, Inc.
> lean.enterprise.middleware
>
> Mobile - *+94777487726 <%2B94777487726>*
> Blog* - *classdeffound.blogspot.com

Manjula Rathnayaka
Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.