After revisiting the architecture, we changed having three different
Resources CAR files to one CAR file. And in the UI we will let other users
to upload a CAR file for other stages.
Reason for this change is that in AF we don't allow to commit, build,
deploy after the promotion. But QAs/DevOps won't know about the values
until it comes to their stage (Testing/Production).

Thanks & Regards
Danushka Fernando
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 inc. http://wso2.com/
Mobile : +94716332729

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Danushka Fernando <danush...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> Please find my answers inline
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Jasintha Dasanayake <jasin...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If I have understood  correctly, there is a maven multimode  project and
>> inside that there are registry resource projects , an ESB project and a
>> Capp project right ?  so in your project structure graph where is the Capp
>> project ? is it the first application id ?
>>
>> Yes
>
>> Also what is the type of  these * ResourcesCAR project ? are these
>> registry resource projects ?
>>
>> Yes
>
>> Hope you going to use the existing carbon CAR deployer right ? , if so
>> existing CAR structure shouldn't be changed so it's better to validate that
>> also in the begging
>>
>> Yes that's in the plan. We will have a git hook to validate this.
>
>> Thanks and Regards
>> /Jasintha
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Danushka Fernando <danush...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Currently we are working on a feature that will enable to develop,
>>> deploy and manage CAR files via App Factory. As the first part of this I
>>> started working on CAR application type and the ESB runtime.
>>>
>>> In this phase the expectation is to
>>>
>>>    1.
>>>
>>>    Create an car type multi module application
>>>    2.
>>>
>>>    Build and Deploy the correct artifacts
>>>    3.
>>>
>>>    Create versions
>>>    4.
>>>
>>>    Promote
>>>

>>> Decided sample project structure would be something similar to following
>>>
>>> ├── pom.xml
>>>
>>> ├── <applicationID>
>>>
>>> │   └── pom.xml
>>>
>>> ├── <applicationID>ApplicationResources
>>>
>>> │   ├── artifact.xml
>>>
>>> │   ├── Development
>>>
>>> │   │   └── EchoServiceEP.xml
>>>
>>> │   ├── echo.wsdl
>>>
>>> │   ├── pom.xml
>>>
>>> │   ├── Production
>>>
>>> │   │   └── EchoServiceEP.xml
>>>
>>> │   └── Testing
>>>
>>> │       └── EchoServiceEP.xml
>>>
>>> ├── <applicationID>DevelopmentResourcesCAR
>>>
>>> │   └── pom.xml
>>>
>>> ├── <applicationID>ProductionResourcesCAR
>>>
>>> │   └── pom.xml
>>>
>>> ├── <applicationID>SimpleProxy
>>>
>>> │   ├── artifact.xml
>>>
>>> │   ├── pom.xml
>>>
>>> │   └── src
>>>
>>> │       └── main
>>>
>>> │           └── synapse-config
>>>
>>> │               └── proxy-services
>>>
>>> │                   └── <applicationID>SimpleProxyService-<version>.xml
>>>
>>> └── <applicationID>TestingResourcesCAR
>>>
>>>    └── pom.xml
>>>

>>> Since CAR Projects are built with Maven this is the first time that we
>>> are going to introduce an maven multi module application type to App
>>> Factory. Tricky parts are the versioning the project and deploy the correct
>>> artifacts. We will use extension points provided by AF to achieve these