Hi Manuranga,

Yes, what you are saying it true! We should only use session aware load
balancing for existing applications which has session management features
built into them.

Ideally when implementing new applications those should be designed in a
way to store their sessions outside the application (irrespective of they
run on containers or not). This can be done with either using a database or
a service (ex: Redis). In that way we can scale the application and session
management service separately and also route request without handling
sessions at the load balancer level.

Thanks

--
*Imesh Gunaratne*