On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:53 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Ruwan,
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Ruwan Abeykoon <ruw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> Do we really want artifact deployment coordination in C5?
>> What is preventing us to build the new image with the new version of
>> artifacts and let the k8s take care of deployment?
>>

> You are absolutely correct! We may not do artifact synchronization in C5
> rather artifacts will get packaged into the containers.

I'm sorry C5 will also support none containerized deployments (VM, physical
machines), still artifact synchronization will not be handled by Carbon.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 8:03 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
 wrote:

> I've few concerns regarding artifact deployment coordination
>  - Artifact versioning support. This is important to ensure consistency
> across a cluster

Indded, but it may not relate to this feature I guess.

>  - REST API to query the status. I'd rather go ahead with a REST API
> before a JMS based implementation. IMO it's much simpler and easy to use.

A REST API might be needed in a different context, may be in a central
monitoring server. In this context the design is to let servers publish
their status to a central server. Otherwise it might not be feasible for a
client to talk to each and every server and prepare the aggregated view.

>  - Why don't we provide a REST API to deploy artifacts rather than copying
> files (whenever applicable)? We can immediately notify the client (via HTTP
> response status) whether artifact deployment was successful.

Might not be needed for container based deployments.

Thanks