Hi Gihan,

Do you guys have any plans to expose some MBeans for the DAS publisher.
Consider a scenario where  a user implements a stand-alone DAS publisher to
publish a large data set ( Eg : archived log files ). In such a scenario,
we need a way to monitor the progress and to know whether the client
finished publishing the dataset to DAS. So having some MBeans would be
really useful for publisher as well.

Regards
Nandika

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Isuru Perera <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:30 PM, Gihan Anuruddha <gi...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> ​Initially we thought about that. But​ then we decided to go with normal
>> Mbean expose due following reasons.
>> 1. To minimize depend on external repositories.
>>
> carbon-metrics is recommended for exposing these kind of values. DAS
> already has carbon-metrics, so I don't think this is an issue.
>
>> 2. To list the analytics subdomain under org.wso2.carbon domain.
>>
> You can use a meaningful names metrics. You can use a common prefix
> analytics metrics.
>
>> 3. I couldn't find a way to expose operations.
>>
> Instead of exposing operations, shall we try to use Gauges with some
> formatted name with your parameters. For example, you can use following
> names for getRemainingBufferCapacityInBytes(int tenantId) and
> int getCurrentQueueSize(int tenantId).
>
> org.wso2.carbon.analytics.<tenant-id>.disruptor.remaining-buffer-size
> org.wso2.carbon.analytics.<tenant-id>.disruptor.current-queue-size
>
> This will add more metrics, as there are gauges for every tenant. But I
> think that should be fine. If you use Metrics, you can also get historical
> data, which is very useful if you want to debug an issue happened in the
> past (may be few mins ago).
>
> Even the metrics library is available these kinds of requirements.
> Therefore I think we must use it and try to avoid implementing separate
> MBeans for any requirements that can be done with Metrics.
>
> Thanks!
>

>> Regards,
>> Gihan
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 5:09 PM, Isuru Perera <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Any reason for not using Carbon Metrics?

>>> Isuru Perera
>>> Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/
>>> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>>>
>>> about.me/chrishantha