Hi All,

Current import/export tool of APIM is based on APIM internal Java API
implementations for its functionality, Which been lead to tight coupling
between the code and  the API. This make restrictions on API maintenance
across versions and code changes.

Recently I'm working on modifying import/export tool to use APIM REST API
implementations to perform it's functionalities.This will add more dynamic
nature to APIs irrespective to the changes in code bases.

I'm completed with the first phase of the above by exporting a API using
REST APIs.

Invoking a REST API require access token.Before that need to obtain the
consumer key/secret key pairs. To obtain consumer key/secrete pairs and
access tokens implemented a Java client to call dynamic client registration
endpoint to as in 1)
https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM1100/apidocs/publisher/index.html#guide.

I changed the current implementations of import/export to retrieve the
information related to a particular API using REST API. Following REST APIs
are used over that. These need access token with scope *apim:api_view*.

   - Get details of an API-

https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM1100/apidocs/publisher/index.html#!/operations#APICollectionApi#apisApiIdGet
   - Get API documentations -
1)https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM1100/apidocs/publisher/index.html#!/operations#APIDocumentApi#apisApiIdDocumentsGet

   -                                            2)

https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM1100/apidocs/publisher/index.html#!/operations#APIDocumentApi#apisApiIdDocumentsDocumentIdContentGet
   - Get thumbnail image -  retrieve by calling endpoint
   http://localhost:9763/api/am/publisher/v0.9/apis/{apiId}/thumbnail
   - Information on the swagger included withing the retrieved API
   definition.

All the information of the existing API, retrieved from above are written
in to a directory which can be export as a .zip archive. This exporting ZIP
file contains the following structure:

​
If any feedback please reply.

Kaveesha Perera