Two important configuration parameters  of HDR (High Dynamic Range)
histogram are 1) integer value range and 2) the value precision.

For example, let's assume that  the range is 0 - 3,600,000,000 and the
value precision = 3 ( (means that the accuracy of any value within the
range will be better than 1/1000 of the value)

Under these settings HDR histogram can  track and analyze the counts of
observed response times ranging between 1 microsecond and 1 hour in
magnitude with the following resolutions [1]:

1 microsecond resolution up to 1 millisecond,
1 millisecond (or better) resolution up to one second
1 second (or better) resolution up to 1,000 seconds.
3.6 seconds (or better) resolution up to 1 hour

The memory footprint HDR depends on the dynamic range and precision chosen
(As Isuru already pointed for a given dynamic range and precision the
memory foot print is fixed). There is a way to compute the memory foot
print using these values [1].

[1] https://github.com/HdrHistogram/HdrHistogram

--
Malith Jayasinghe