Hi

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Rushmin Fernando <rush...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Isura, as per my understanding, in most of the cases 'inactive' user are
> treated as non-existing users.
>
> So from the domain model side we should have a method to .....
>
>      get the active users (since this the default case, we can even name
> the method as getUsers() )
>
> and another method to ....
>
>      get the user including inactive users

+1 for this. Ideally in all user operation we can filter out the inactive
users.
Ex in JDBC user stores we may accound_inactive claim in LDAP we can filter
out with UserAccountControl attribute.

> When it comes to operations, we anyway have to have an interceptor in the
> authentication flow to refuse locked users (inative users will no even be
> considered)
>
> One down side is performance. If we check this before in authentication it
will reduce the performance.
so if the user store (Identity store ) support for account locking better
to use that implementation. if not we have to explicitly check the
account lock property.

-Ishara

--
Ishara Karunarathna