Hi,

Please find the answers inline.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Roshan Wijesena <ros...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Label approach is much more cleaner for me then API publisher can decide
>  where that API should go.
>
> Question :- How publisher and gateways both sync with label names? when an
> API came with an unknown label what will happen. We should have predefined
> label set right?
>
> We do not have a predefined label sets. But we may have to use a default
label for the single node deployment. When starting up a gateway node we
should provide a label. Then this label will be saved in the database and
will be used for publisher as well. If an API has a unknown label, then
this API will not be served from any of the gateways.

> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Isuru Haththotuwa <isu...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Shani Ranasinghe <sh...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Can't we use the existing roles to do this? Restricted by roles?
>>>
>>> for e.g API A (public) has a role "public"  and API B(internal)  has a
>>> role "internal" . We develop our API admin portal to let the gateway know
>>> which roles to look for. So from our admin portal we say internal gateway
>>> will allow API's with role "internal", and public gateway will allow API's
>>> with role "public". Then when the request hits the gateway, it will check
>>> if the requested API has invokers roles associated with the API. Would this
>>> not work?
>>>
>> Technically can do. But AFAIU there is a security aspect of separating
>> the gateway as internal and external. The internal gateway would not be
>> exposed to the same network as the public/external one. Hence there might
>> be use cases where we can't use a single gateway for both internal and
>> external.
>>

>>> Due to the complications we are not mapping any labels with user roles
by default. But we are providing an extension point where users can write a
custom implementation to map labels with any user roles.

Thank you!
--
*Pubudu Gunatilaka*
Committer and PMC Member - Apache Stratos