On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 1:22 PM, Harsha Thirimanna <hars...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Farasath Ahamed <farasa...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In the sample.yaml Service Provider configuration I noticed that we have
>> SAML related SP configurations in two sections "requestHandlerConfigs" and
>> "responseHandlerConfigs".
>>
>> Do we need this separation? Is there any advantage of decoupling request
>> and response related configurations related to an Inbound Protocol like
>> SAML or OAuth2?
>>

> ​I felt , it doesn't make sense to configure response configuration within
> request configs.​ And there may be custom protocol that can be one in
> request config and few  response config select based on conditions. I
> meant, if we give this way, it would be more flexible that we give it
> within one. WDYT ?

I will go with Farasaths suggestion, And I think it will complicate the
common cases and would be a bad user experience. for example if some one
configure a SAML base SP he will confused where to put what. better to be
in a single configuration.

-Ishara

>> Thanks,
>> Farasath Ahamed
>> Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>> Mobile: +94777603866
>> Blog: blog.farazath.com
>> Twitter: @farazath619 <https://twitter.com/farazath619>
>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:02 AM, Darshana Gunawardana <darsh...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for this approach in general...

>>> But just to clarify the earlier behaviour in IS 5.x.x versions, no; it's
>>> not define local authenticator configs in SP.. rather we associate local
>>> authenticators to the SP.. The issue we had was, there is no way to
>>> configure local authenticators from the UI.. In IS 5.3.0 we provided a way
>>> to generate UI elements to resident IdP section, so someone need, they can
>>> write a new local authenticator and configure it from the resident idp..
>>>
>>> Basically you propose the same approach for the IS 6.0.0 with the file
>>> based configs..
>>>
>>> One improvement we can do is, rather than limiting to *idpName* and
>>> *authenticatorName* parameters in *authenticatorConfig*, allow it to
>>> pass any additional parameters to IdP (from that SP) so we won't ended up
>>> with the need of multiple resident idp to adequate different service
>>> providers requirements.

>>> We can name it as resident-idp and SP authenticator can point the idp
>>>>

>>> What about provisioning configurations? where does that configs going to
>>> be in.. If the file name going to be *resident-idp* then all the
>>> configurations should be in that file when IS acting as a IdP.
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Darshana.

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> *Darshana Gunawardana*Associate Technical Lead
>>> WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
>>>
>>> *E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
>>> *Mobile: +94718566859 <+94%2071%20856%206859>*Lean . Enterprise .
>>> Middleware

Ishara Karunarathna
Associate Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware |  wso2.com

email: isha...@wso2.com,   blog: isharaaruna.blogspot.com,   mobile:
+94717996791