Hi Dilan,

The purpose of the SessionHandler and SessionManager is different.

SessionManager is an extension point (a plugin for UUF) for webapp
developers. SessionHandler is meant to be passed for other plugins (e.g.
Authenticator) as a way do session related operations (e.g. create a new
session when login). If we pass the SessionManager instead, it will over
expose the session management operations (e.g. close() method). So to
encapsulate properly we decided to go with two interfaces, SessionHandler
and SessionManager.

Thanks.

Sajith Janaprasad Ariyarathna
Senior Software Engineer; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/