On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Sugirjan Ragunaathan <sugir...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently I’m working on a project 'Cross protocol single logout'. WSO2
> Identity Server provides Single LogOut over applications, participating on
> the same session over the same authentication protocol and Single SignOn
> over the different protocols.
>
> [image: 1.png]
>
> Objective:
>
> Design and provide a solution to support cross protocol SLO
>
> Problem :
>
> WSO2 Identity Server supports multiple applications which are using
> different authentication protocols. It does not provide cross protocol
> Single Logout. For example, Assume that  you are using SAML based
> application and OIDC based application is same browser session. when you
> logout from a SAML based application it will only log you out from other
> SAML applications not from OIDC based application with the same session.
>
> Solution:
>
> The proposed solution for this problem is implementing a common event
> handler over different protocols. When a session is terminated because of
> user logout, an event should be published to invoke the ‘SLO  Event
> Handler’.So 'SLO Event Handler' notifies all the inbound authenticators and
> the authenticators handle respective logout actions. In order to listen
> the logout event, all the respective authenticators have to be subscribed
> in the ‘SLO event handler’ and have own separate event handlers to trigger
> the logout for their registered applications.
>
> [image: SolutionArchi.png]

I think this can be further simplified. At least it's kinda confusing me.

E.g. there are no two components as OpenID Listener and OpenID Logout
Handler I think. Was it done intensionally? The handler will be basically
the listener, which will listens to Logout events and will handle the
single logout of OpenID Connect service providers. Similarly for SAML and
WS-Federation. So the pink diamonds and rectangles below will merge as one
box I feel.

What are the roles of AuthnDataPublisher and SLOEventHandler? I was
thinking that AuthnDataPublisher is the one responsible of publishing
events, and that is already happening in the framework. Is it not? If that
was the case we don't need to do any modifications to the framework. All
that Sugirjan has to write are the event handlers in each inbound
authentication component to handle the single logout.

@Hasintha: your inputs please.

Regards,
Johann.

We would like to have your feedback and suggestions in this regard.

--
Thanks & Regards,

*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby*
Senior Lead Solutions Engineer