Hi Maninda,

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes i thought of following Property
Mediator. But instead of introducing a new attribute called 'expression'
like in the Property Mediator, I plan to allow the Store Mediator to take
both the path expression and the string value. Then we can have a logic to
differentiate between a hard-coded store name and a path expression i.e if
the value is enclosed by curly braces, then it is an expression. This way we
can maintain the backward compatibility.

Thank you.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Maninda Edirisooriya <mani...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi Thishani,
>
> You can follow the same way the expressions/values spacified in Property
> Mediator in [1]. Then it will maintain the consistency in ESB space and you
> can simply reusing the existing functionality.
>
> [1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/ESB500/Property+Mediator
>
> Thanks.
>

> *Maninda Edirisooriya*
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> *WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
>
> *Blog* : http://maninda.blogspot.com/
> *E-mail* : mani...@wso2.com
> *Skype* : @manindae
> *Twitter* : @maninda
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Thishani Lucas <thish...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The current store mediator implementation allows the name of the message
>> store to which the messages should be sent, to be given as a hard-coded
>> string value. The requirement is to route the messages dynamically i.e
>> without giving the hard-coded name, derive the name from the message
>> context. To enable this, the message store name attribute of the store
>> mediator should be allowed to take a path expression as a value. But also
>> there should be a way to differentiate between a string value and an
>> expression.
>>
>> According to the existing implementation, the store mediator is defined
>> as follows.
>>
>> <store messagestore="JMSMS"></store>
>>
>> But with my implementation, the user will be able to extract the name
>> from the message context and set it to message store as shown below.
>>
>> <store messagestore="{//msgstr/arg/value}"></store>
>>
>> Please provide your suggestions on this feature.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> *Thishani Lucas*
>> *Software Engineer*
>> *WSO2 Lanka (Private) Limited**: http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com/>*
>> *lean.enterprise.middle-ware*
>>
>> *Tel: +94 77 2556931 <077%20255%206931> *
>>
>> *LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thishani-lucas/
>> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/thishani-lucas/>*
>>
>> <http://wso2.com/signature>

*Thishani Lucas*