Hi,

I am working on a notifications system for the password rotation policy
authenticator in IS Analytics (C4) [1]. I am trying to set the email body
(of type text/html) of the email event publisher using the template manager.

However, *I get this error* when I try to do this. (There are no logs shown
in the console)

‚Äč
*The value entered:*

Hi {{username}},<br><br>Your password for the account in WSO2 Identity
Server had expired. Your account details are as follows.<br><br>Username :
{{username}}<br>UserStoreDomain : {{userStoreDomain}}<br>Email Address :

After debugging I found out that this is because "<" and ">" characters
don't get encoded [2] from the UI and because of that the Apache Axiom
library [3] used for parsing throws an error because of this. (Please
correct me if I am wrong)

Is there a workaround for this? If not, shouldn't we support this?

Thank you!

Regards,
Nadun De Silva

[1] mail : [Architecture] Password Rotation Policy Authenticator
[2]
https://github.com/wso2/carbon-analytics-common/blob/v5.1.21/components/template-manager/org.wso2.carbon.event.template.manager.ui/src/main/resources/web/template-manager/template_configurations_ajaxprocessor.jsp#L312
[3] https://ws.apache.org/axiom/

--
*Nadun De Silva*
Software Engineer | WSO2