What happens here is that real time analytics on SP is done based on time
batch windows and sliding windows. The query on the events in these windows
are based on the time of the window and not really on the time the actual
event occurred (the time the request was processed on API Manager). If we
can find a way to solve the original problem of the data being queried
based on the actual time of its occurrence, this problem would go away.

Although we argue that this problem exists only for the MG due to its
aggregate and upload architecture, the same issue can occur for any other
client that is sending data to SP after queueing on its side. The
occurrence of the problem you are explaining can be very frequent for the
MG due to its architecture. But really, the actual problem is something
that exists for any client that queues and sends data to SP. I think we
should try and solve that problem first.

And also, one more thing we should do is to send data to SP from the MG
directly when the connection is available. And only write to file when a
connection doesn't exist.

--
Nuwan Dias

Director - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com