On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:44 PM Chanaka Jayasena <chan...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am updating API rating from 5 star rating to 10 star rating base on the
> set of usability improvements we are planning for store.

When migrating from API Manager 2 to 3, this would mean that we have to
multiply the rating value from 2 to fit into the 10 start rating scale.

> I am also updating the Rest API to support the same.
>
> Get operation of rating API is returning the following object format.
>
>    1. avgRating:"4"
>    2. count:1
>    3. list:[{…}]
>    4. userRating:"4"
>
> Put operation to the Rating api returns the following.
>
>    1. rating: 5
>    2. ratingId:"5f31ff42-1bc0-4295-8123-189dd34499dc"
>    3. username:"admin"
>
> Returning the userRating along with the response of the PUT operation will
> remove the need for a second call to get the average rating to update the
> UI.
>
> Will it break the RESTFull ness of the API, if I do this change?

I don't think so. If the GET operation returns the userRating I guess its
fine for the PUT operation to return it too.

Why are the responses of the GET and PUT operations very different? Ex:
count, list are missing in PUT, ratingId is missing in GET.

--
Nuwan Dias

Director - WSO2, Inc. http://wso2.com
email : nuw...@wso2.com