Hi Hasitha,

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 10:17 PM Hasitha Hiranya <hasit...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Rosen,
>
> If a user wrongly configured a mediator, do we allow to switch to the
> source view? If we do so, when we switch back to design view do we have
> enough information to re-generate the model (and show wrongly configured
> sign)?
>
> Ideally, it should allow the user to switch in between design and source
views, preserve errors, and indicate the errors in both views. We would be
able to preserve all these errors once we remove all the non sensible
default values from the model.

Also, if a user directly edited the source in a wrong manner and switch to
> design view do we allow to switch? If we do so, do we indicate that
> mediator is configured wrongly in there too?

According to the current implementation, if the source view contains a xml
error, user cannot switch the view as we cannot represent/preserve xml
errors in the design view. However, if there is a synapse configuration
error, we allow to switch to the design view, and that error will be
implied with the warning sign.

> Do we also indicate which fields are not configured correctly?

Indicating specific fields which do not have proper synapse configurations
will be implemented under properties window improvements.

> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 9:55 PM Rosen Silva <ros...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have started implementing mediator error validation for the
>> graphical view of the EI tooling. Currently, the EI tooling only has
>> validation in the source view(XML view)[1].
>> The proposed validation will be added to the controller of the mediator
>> in the GMF model. The EI tooling contains one controller(called EditParts
>> in the Eclipse domain)
>> per each mediator. We are planning to override the 'notifyChanged' method
>> in the EditPart such that it would validate mediator when the data model
>> changes.
>> All the mediators' data models will be validated against the
>> corresponding synapse data model of the mediator.
>> After the implementation, If a user configures any mediator in a wrong
>> way, the validation will show a warning sign on top of the
>> erroneous mediator[2].
>>
>> [1] Source view error validation
>>

>> [2] Expected view for an erroneous mediator
>>

>> Your valuable comments and suggestions are highly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> --
>>
>> *Rosen Silva*
>> Software Engineer - WSO2