IAM Team,

I know we just have a facility to store and manage linked local accounts.
However we don't use it anywhere. There have been many customers and/or
leads in the past who have requested for this capability for different
kinds of requirements and mostly we've provided extensions but never
thought about making it part of the product. Do we have any plans on
improving this aspect?

Currently I am working with one customer and one prospect who have the
following 2 requirements respectively:

1. A user must authenticate with username/password in secondary user store
and fetch attributes from primary user store and return back to the service
provider.

2. A user can have multiple accounts in the local user store. Same user
also has a federated identity. The user should be able to link the
federated identity to both the local identifiers. When logging in the user
will choose, federated login and then on IS choose which local identity to
login as.

What is our strategy on local account linking? If needed we can have an
offline discussion on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Johann.

--
*Johann Dilantha Nallathamby* | Associate Director/Solutions Architect |
WSO2 Inc.