I have some suggestions which I think are important to implement.

1. It looks like there's a lot of information being duplicated in the open
API file and the definitions.yaml.
2. A user needs to enter at least 6 fields to the definitions.yaml to
create a very basic API. This is a tad too much IMO.
3. When defining resource based endpoints and functions a user needs to
copy paste data from the open api file, which I think creates a sense of
redundancy.
4. Given the reasons above it would be best to introduce vendor extensions
to the open API file to capture the additional information we require.
5. The distribution size has increased to 224MB. I think we should host the
runtime and design time separately. Basically a gateway.zip and
gateway-sdk.zip. We should create a mode where we can run the compiled
source on the binary. Ex: gateway.sh --dir=/home/projects/foo/target.

--
*Nuwan Dias* | Director | WSO2 Inc.
(m) +94 777 775 729 | (e) nuw...@wso2.com