Hi All,

According to the new configuration model, if there are configurations in a
component it needs to provide the template for that configurations. Also,
it needs to provide default values as a JSON. But when we combine all this
component and build a product we need to merge all these default values and
generate a single configuration.

But at the moment, we have not moved these templates or default values to
its original components and we maintain it in the product level. Once we
moved these configurations we will face an issue when merging this default
values.

As a solution, we can implement a p2 action(action similar to
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.copy) to merge the default values
of each component when it installing to the product. Also, we can maintain
another default.json in product level to override the default value of each
component. So this helps, each component developer to ship template and
default values for their configuration.

If you have any concern please let me know.

--
Rukshan Chathuranga.
WSO2, Inc.