Hi Johann et al,

We can utilize enforcing authorize rule capability to validate scopes if
the token issue request goes through the authentication framework. We do
have a templated policy also.

Still, we can add this to the token issuing phase to cover other grant
types.

Thanks,

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:25 PM Ishara Karunarathna <isha...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> HI Johann,
>
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:19 PM Johann Nallathamby <joh...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> IAM Team,
>>
>> We've implemented XACML based scope authorization during access token
>> validation phase. However, it is also important to do this authorization
>> during authorization_code, access_token, refresh_token and id_token,
>> issuing phase IMO. Especially for self-contained token use cases, we need
>> to encode the authorized scopes into the JWT token.
>>
> With the current implementation we do have the support to validate scopes
> in token issuing times, which is an extension point.
> But we don't have a XACML implementation for that.
> +1 to add this in the future, until its implemented capability is there to
> add an extension.
>
> Regards,
> Ishara
>

>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Johann.
>>
>> --
>> *Johann Dilantha Nallathamby* | Associate Director/Solutions Architect |
>> WSO2 Inc.
>> (m) +94 (77) 7776950 | (w) +94 (11) 2145345 | (e) joh...@wso2.com
>> [image: Signature.jpg]
>>

> --
> Ishara Karunarathna
> Senior Technical Lead
> WSO2 Inc. - lean . enterprise . middleware |  wso2.com
>
> email: isha...@wso2.com,   blog: isharaaruna.blogspot.com,   mobile:
> +94717996791

*Darshana Gunawardana*Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com

*E-mail: darsh...@wso2.com <darsh...@wso2.com>*
*Mobile: +94718566859*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware