Hi Shammi,

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 11:46 PM Shammi Jayasinghe <sha...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Nilasini,
>
> It is very nice idea and i believe we will be able to improve the
> performance of a deployment where we have many user stores configured due
> to this feature.
>
> With regarding to this, I would like to get few clarifications.
> - Are you planing to provide a check box to select the user stores at the
> time it creates the SP?

Yes, we are planning to provide the ability to select a list of user
stores. Users could configure user stores according to their requirements.

- If a user is not available in the assigned user stores for the SP, But
> the user is available in the other user stores which is not added to the
> SP, What would be the message we plan to provide to the user.
> Eg: We created a SP and assigned the user stores, Later there is a new
> user store configured but it was not assigned to the existing SP scenario.

We didn't finalize the error message for this specific scenario. Currently,
we have only decided on high-level designs. I will reply to these questions
once the high-level design is finalized.

> - When the system deleted an existing user store, Is there any plan to
> traverse the existing entries in registry and remove all relevant SP-> User
> store mappings?

Currently, we didn't consider that. Currently, we are only considering the
feasibility and necessity of the feature. But once the feature high-level
design is approved then definitely we have to remove all the relevant SP ->
user store mappings.

> I could locate the medium post [1] about implementing the similar feature
> with using Xacml.  Are we planing this feature due to some issue/ usability
> of that existing capability?
>
> [1]
> https://medium.com/@Pushpalanka/application-wise-authorization-wso2-identity-server-user-store-per-service-provider-dfea5f9ad758

The procedure mentioned in the above scenario won't work when we have the
same user name in different user stores and trying to log in without the
user store domain.