Hi All,

Please find the release containing the additions indicated previously[1].

We have not provided users with the option to select their choice of the
installer, mainly due to the fact that updates are not delivered in the
form of .deb and .rpm installers. As a result, the Puppet resources would
not be able to deliver continuous updates in the event installers are used
for deployment. Additionally, the location in which packages are installed
through installers cannot be changed, and therefore introduces some
complexities in the Puppet setup. As a result, we have decided to keep the
implementation of this feature on hold.

Additionally, system configurations can now be managed through Puppet to
optimize OS level performance. This is achieved by changing the system
level configurations as indicated in the API Manager Performance Tuning
documentation[2]. Performance tuning is disabled by default. However,
instructions on enabling it are available in the Puppet GitHub
documentation[3].

In summary, the following additions had been implemented for the API
Manager Puppet modules during the course of last week.

   - Support for packages and libraries to be downloaded into nodes from a
   remote location through HTTP.
   - Performance tuning at an OS level through Puppet modules.

The next step is to implement these additions for the Puppet modules for
Identity Server, Enterprise Integrator, and Stream Processor during the
course of this week.

[1] https://github.com/wso2/puppet-apim/releases/tag/v2.6.0.6
[2]
https://docs.wso2.com/display/AM260/Tuning+Performance#TuningPerformance-OS-levelsettings