Hi all,

Currently, in our authentication framework, we force to retry the complete
authentication process. With the adaptive authentication script, it will be
great if we support force to retry mechanism per step. Let me explain a
use-case. There will be 3 steps for authentication. if the 1st and 2nd
steps passed successfully and the 3rd step failed the user has to again
authenticate with 2nd step to retry the 3rd steps.

We can pass a flag in the authentication options parameter (let's say {
forceStepRetry : true }) from the script for each excuteStep() method and
forced to retry the step in the step handler.

function onLoginRequest(context) {
    executeStep(1, {
        onSuccess: function (context) {
           forceRetry(context);
        }
    });
}

function forceRetry(context) {

executeStep(2, { forceStepRetry : true }, {

     onSuccess: function (context){

     executeStep(3, {

onSuccess: function (context){

     // Logic to execute if step 3 succeeded

},

                onFail: function (context){
                    forceRetry(context);
                }

           });
      }
});

}

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Senthalan
--
Senthalan Kanagalingam | Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc.
(m) +94 (0) 77 18 77 466 | (w) +94117435800 | (e) sentha...@wso2.com